This dresser was purchased in the 80’s by my mom. It served as a changing table/dresser for Louise’s brother, then as a dresser for her when she moved to NC for grad school. It was dated, so we gave it a face lift.
The stain and wood were pretty ugly, so we sanded it down, primed it, and painted it with some left over blue paint from our first blue dresser project. We then lightly white washed it, and rubbed patches of brown stain into it for an antiqued look. The entire piece was sealed with polycrylic. I also replaced the ugly hardware with new handles.
After moving into our new place last year, I decided I wasn’t crazy about our attempts at antiquing this piece, and I wanted to keep a waterfall dresser we redid for myself, so we sold this to a couple expecting a baby boy for $80.