This interesting little cabinet was purchased from craigslist for $10. It was solid wood, but some areas were more “solid” than others, so we decided to paint most of it but stain the top surfaces. We stripped the top surfaces and sanded everything. We stained first, with special walnut stain by Minwax.
Then we primed and painted everything else – a light green color with white touches. We removed the tarnish off of the old hardware with chemical tarnish remover, and put them back on the piece. The painted sections were sealed with polycrylic and lacquer was used to seal the stained parts. This piece was sold for $60.